Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 23 and Squadron Open House

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book





First my nerdy self loves the Twilight an Harry Potter books... yeah yeah... I also love Memoirs of a Geisha. I really love all memoirs and biography's...







Last night Carls squadron held an open house for the spouses to come check out where their hubbys work. It was very nice. The commander gave us a tour of the shop and the plane they fix. Hes a really nice commander and his wife is so sweet and always there. Our amazing key spouse Brandy put it together. Shes pretty fan-freaking-tastic. Shes our lead key spouse, spouse club president and Enlisted Spouse Club president. (Her bloggy). But heres the girls and I in the cargo bay of the C-5M model. Its a MASSIVE plane. lol We got to check out the cargo bay and the flight deck and where the troops ride. I have to ask carl if I can post the picture of Ry in the pilots seat... Pretty sure I can but yeah.


Heres some C-5 factoids

Primary Function: Outsize cargo transport
Thrust: 43,000 pounds, each engine
Wingspan: 222.9 feet

Length: 247.1 feet

Height: 65.1 feet
Cargo Compartment: height , 13.5 feet; width, 19 feet; length, 143 feet, 9 in
Pallet Positions: 36
Maximum Cargo: 270,000 pounds (122,472 kilograms)
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 769,000 pounds (peacetime), 840,000 pounds (wartime)
Speed: 518 mph (.77 Mach)
Range: 6,320 nautical miles without air refueling; unlimited with in-flight refueling
Crew: 7 (pilot, co-pilot, two flight engineers and three loadmasters)
Unit Cost: C-5A - $152.8 million (fiscal 1998 constant dollars); C-5B - $179 million (fiscal 1998 constant dollars); Modification unit cost, $90 million (fiscal 2009 constant dollars)
Deployed: C-5A - 1969, C-5B - 1980, C-5M - 2009
Inventory: Total force, 111; C-5A, 59, C-5B, 47, C-5C, 2, C-5M, 3

(no I do not know this off the top of my head lol though Carl does... I got me info here)

C-5 being loaded from the rear. The front also opens and it can kneel down. The guys have several lewd jokes about that but I wont repeat lol




Cargo bay. Upstairs they have the troop compartment which kinda looks like a normal airlines plane... but not a nice lol

Yep thats the engine and what carl fixes.

Okay nerd time is over and its *hopefully* nap time :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment