Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas time in the City...

Well we had a wonderful time in NYC yesterday! I really loved it! The bus ride over was sooo long (3 hours) and I was so uncomfortable on the way over.. I forgot how bumpy buses are! Also made me a little sick to my stomach. I was nervous because there arent seat belts in charter buses so rylei wasnt in a car seat.. but she did well really. she colored and listened to daddys music and went back and forth a lot.

Dancing to Daddys music

Coloring with daddys hat on

Amazed by the buildings
We got dropped off at Radio City Music Hall and the madness began! lol It took carl about an hour to realize he didnt have to say excuse me to everyone.. because they wouldnt listen... and that he didnt have to acknowledge every person passing out flyers and the street vendors lol We went to Central Park first... EH WRONG ANSWER lmao It was SantaCon 2010! which you can get the gist of here. they really wherent TOO bad but very loud and drunk lol one touched my hair and I felt the need to shower... I wanted to bring Rylei to the playgrounds in central park but thats the direction that the gazillion santas where in so we stuck to sheeps meadow and she ran around a little. Enough to tucker her out and she was asleep before we could find lunch! We passed FAO at this time and she was asleep :-( so we skipped it... but I got my picture of it! So we asked a lovely NYC police officer where Rays Pizza was and he gave us great directions to it and it was AMAZING... loved it.. and $2.55 a slice?! UHM amazing even more!!!

Ry and I in central park

Ry and Daddy by lake in Central Park

Ry running in sheeps meadow in central park
Carl and our Ray's Pizza :-)
After that we wondered around more.. went in at Dylans but it was crazy packed so I just grabbed a few things and we left. By then Rylei was awake and we got her a hot dog which she didnt eat until like an hour later... She was cranky because she needed a diaper change but we couldnt find a place and she was cold and tired still. We then made our way to Times Square and went to disney which was AH-MAZ-ING! Rylei loved it and cried when we left each area! Which disney staff didnt like and each one tried to make her feel better lol Then it was the hunt for dinner.... ugh super hard!!! we really wanted a non chain place but couldnt find anything that we would all eat that was under 30 bucks a person! So we saw tgiFridays and was like whatever we will eat there... MISTAKE! hello $18 cheeseburger and $9 kids meal of pasta with NO sauce! It was a good burger but no burger is $18 good to me lol But I think we where all happy to just sit and have quiet time lol And we had a great view from our seat and I got to witness a bus hit a taxi. Its all in the experience right? lol
Ry and her mini loli from Dylans
Ry and I upstairs in Disney Store :-)
Taxi vs Bus
Then the kicker of the trip... We go to the rendezvous spot... the road is closed... which means our bus cant get there... LOVELY what do we do?? lol so we waited and made a big group and 30 mins later we learn the driver has been circling around trying to find a spot to park. So we didnt get out of the city until after 9:30 but after that rylei went to sleep no problem and thus ended our night... We had a great time... But its not something that I want to do again soon... with a stroller... or with kids for that matter... or maybe just not at christmas time lol




2 comments:

  1. Ray is super jealous that y'all got to eat at Ray's pizza. We didn't find it and he had wanted to go there so badly! We did get pizza though :) I'm glad you guys had fun. Food was super expensive there though, we ate dinner in Little Italy, it was AMAZING, but we also paid $22 for a bowl of pasta and $10 for a glass of win! lol

    We want to go back, but when there are no holidays, Christmas time is too crazy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres like 3 Rays all claiming to be the first... We went with Orginal Rays Famous Pizza as recommended by a cop. It was amazing. I think it was on Lexington and 53rd maybe?

    ReplyDelete