Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Progression of the Polka Dot Princess

So I posted about Olivia's skin disease, Urticaria Pigmentosa, a while back. So now Liv has an appointment at John Hopkins in Nov and I went through our pictures to make a progression timeline for the doctor to see.

No spots

This is when I figured out that what I thought was splotchy baby skin was always in the same spot. (back)

Her neck

tummy


When it first started to come on her face

Her "activated" spots after a bath
Moved down her arm
Then it moved to her legs

Her first true flair up.. We where at the pool for about an hour.. She had on a lower back swimsuit.. Sun had never bothered her before and it wasn't terribly warm either. (She wasn't in the pool)



The introduction of Cloth Diapers :-D

Liv on a good day, with her medication


To darn cute!






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story. My little girl was diagnosed recently, she's ten months. Her first spots started showing at three months and I feel she has got more recently (smal, light ones on face). We are feeling overwhelmed with the diagnosis and she has been getting more symtpons recently (itching, welts etc). When did you daughters spots stop appearing? Have they faded at all (when did this happen) and have her symptoms reduced? Thanks in advance for replying. I hope she's doing really well!

    ReplyDelete