Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trust

Am I the only one who has a hard time trusting people? Dumb question huh... I'm sure everyone has been lied to, lied on, or let down by a friend, leader, or lover at some point in their life... It's hard to deal with... Even as a kid I had a hard time trusting people.. With good reason. Be friends or family or "family" I always second guessed them... Tried to figure out the motive behind it.. That feeling never eased up. At Dyess I opened myself and got burned... I trusted "friends" and got hurt.. Whats worst is I crave approval. Its not a good trait but I know its true. I want people to like me..

What's even worse is when people gossip about your business... And I mean people that don't even know you... Its a good story so lets spread it, add a twist, and see where it goes. Its sickening... Especially in a military community or any community with a lot of women who are supposed to trust and depend on one another. How do you trust? How do you trust after being burned or hurt by someone you loved or cared about genuinely. Do you just trust in God to solve it all? Opps there's that "T" word! How can you trust when you don't know HOW to trust? Why don't they teach THAT in school.

On TV you see all the teens accusing the parents of not trusting them. I know one day that will be my girls. Do I lie to them and go "Oh yeah I trust you hunny." But will I be able to? I know I lied to my grandparents... Let them hear what they wanted to hear and then did what I wanted. And I'm sure they knew half of the time... But I guess that's something I will cross when it comes.. Talk about scary... :-/


No comments:

Post a Comment