Thursday, July 28, 2011

"Military Yard Sign Being Sued"

Okay I'm sure I'm going to piss a ton of people off with this... But my blog ... my opinion...

Theres been a lot of stir on my facebook page about the poor family who is being sued because they have a sign in their yard. Its a lovely sign for their deployed son.

I am a FIRM believer in following rules. Makes life easier right? If you live in a neighborhood that has a Home Owners Association you sign an agreement... Normally this agreement.. This CONTRACT has rules that most people whole heartily agree too... Could be keeping your yard trimmed nicely... No tacky Christmas stuff... No signs.

This family AGREED to this condition. Just because your son is serving our country does not make you above the contract and everyone else in the neighborhood. The family claims others have signs in their yards. Okay.. Counter sue on that then. Make the rule be obeyed by all, or get it abolished. It peeves me that its made into a patriotic vs not thing...

This is open and shut for me. Did you sign the contract? Well there ya go!

I have an Air Force sticker on my car. Does that mean I can speed and run red lights because my husband is serving our country? Same token right?

Not wanting a large sign in your neighborhood doesn't make you unpatriotic.... Having a sign doesnt MAKE you patriotic and jumping on the support bandwagon doesn't either..

I haven't read all the reports on this because it does annoy me... Just like I didn't keep up with Casey Anthony because it sickened me..





2 comments:

  1. Clearly you have been reading my mind, its so many stuff I want to blog about whenever I get the time.

    ReplyDelete