Thursday, July 21, 2011

Deployment... First Full Day

The day started okay.. Both girls ended up in bed with me over the course of the morning hours. Olivia woke around :820 and woke Rylei soon after. I took a few deep breaths to prepare myself for the day... We all laid in bed for awhile and then Ry stood up and looked out the window.. "Daddys home!!" she shouted.. She had seen his truck in the driveway. "No baby... Daddy flew in an airplane to go fix planes and help people remember? He's deployed hun". She just gave me a confused look at first. "Daddy in airplane. Hes fixing planes." she said. The morning went quickly and easily with several questions about when daddy would be home and a lot of "I miss Daddys". Anyone know how to teach the concept of time to an almost 3 year old? But at least she was okay. At one point she heard a truck fo by and ran to the door saying its daddy.. And another time she head a C-5 fly overhead and said it was daddys plane coming back. Olivia hasnt noticed much.. Think she may notice the lack of his arms though.. I finally got caught up on laundry.. I found a shirt Carl had worn by the clean laundry and it smells just like him... I tucked it into my night stand but I know the smell will quickly fade. Bed time was a little rougher... I gave Ry her old daddy doll which she snuggled.. As I was walking out her room she said "Mommy... I miss Daddy... Can we get him now?" I just smiled and told her good night.. I later found her in my bed in Carls spot... And shes been there every night since.

Now a few days in and were still doing good. Missing Daddy :-) The girls Lola (Carls mom) ordered Ry and new daddy doll since the old one was "Chubby Carl" lol I've been keeping up with my P90X... And I'm not dead yet.. Though we may melt in this heat wave... Its hotter here than where Carl is! Gotta love it...



No comments:

Post a Comment