Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Somber Day...

Well the weather in Dover today reflects the bases mood I think... Its over cast... light breeze... not raining thankfully (for the families) but that would be appropriate.... The more I try to block out these emotions the harder they seem to hit... I don't know why I think I need to block them out but that's the only way I know how to deal...

Reasons like this make me so happy that Carl choose the job he did... At least I dont have to worry about him being outside of the base... Being in a helicopter... Being in a convoy.. I know if they needed him he would go in a heartbeat, but on the norm he will always be on base... I know bases get attacked but it seems (and maybe I'm naive) that not many are killed or badly injured on base. Thank God for small miracles right?

My heart aches for these families.. I cant fathom what they are feeling... I hope that at some point they are able to find peace in the thought that their sons and daughters are true heros and that people truly are thankful for the great sacrifice they have made... The ultimate sacrifice..

I hope people give them time to heal... I do know how it feels to be rushed into feeling better and it only makes it worse... It angers me with the media filming their every viewable move... I dont feel that the nation has the right to see this... Its family time. If your child or spouse died would you want to be watched as you grieved? 19 of the 30 families did not want the media there... (stated here)

My heart just skipped a beat and knees went weak... The helicopters just flew over to bring the generals in to do the Dignified Transfers... My heart truly aches right now.... For these families that I don't know...



No comments:

Post a Comment